Saturday 30 June 2018

WISDOM: Being naked

Thomas Moore - To see the body in its nakedness

To allow the body to be seen in its nakedness, o say nothing of it being touched and embraced, is to show the soul in all its glory and its complexity. 

August Strindberg - when I free my body from clothes

When I free my body from its clothes, 
from all their buttons, belts, and laces, 
it seems to me that my soul takes a deeper, freer breath. 

Care for the soul and body - various authors

The body is the soul's house.  
Shouldn't we therefore 
take care of our house 
so that it doesn't fall into ruin?
~Philo Judaeus

Ted Grant - when you photograph in black and white 

“When you photograph people in color, 
you photograph their clothes. 
But when you photograph people in Black and white, 
you photograph their souls!” 
~Ted Grant

People are weird about nudity and the human body

"I just think that people are so weird about nudity and the human body. Sex is not bad, naked bodies are not bad and naked bodies don’t always have to be connected to sex."


— Emily Browning


Nudity - natural and good for you


"Let us proclaim the truth of our bodily dignity by refusing to satisfy the jealousy of the evil one, hiding our bodies as if they were something shameful. God created us to glorify Him. He created us unclothed. Let us glorify Him then, by our nakedness, seeing therein His glory and our true nobility."
---Jim C. Cunningham




Be truly naked to see the true beauty of you

“I hid my wound under my clothes. Nobody could see it, including myself, and I completely forgot about it. Then I met someone who, filled with love, held me tight in that point. The pain was devastating, and I hated him, o how much I hated him, the cause of all my suffering. Then I met someone, beautifully dressed, and I loved him so much, holding him tight with all my passion. 
And he suffered badly, and he hated me, o how much he hated me, the cause of all his pain. So the story went on till I met someone who undressed himself, standing completely naked, with all his horrible wounds. Hence I also undressed, and I saw my horrible wounds, which he could also see. Then...” 
~Franco Santoro



Being natural and matter-of-fact about nudity prevents your children from developing an attitude of shame or disgust about the human body. If parents are very secretive about their bodies and go to great lengths to prevent their children from ever seeing a buttock or breast, children will wonder what is so unusual, and even alarming, about human nudity. - Lee Salk




He who does not master the nude cannot understand the principles of architecture. (Michelangelo) 

People look more beautiful, God-like and dignified to me when they are naked... Nothing is more beautiful, therefore, than a naked person. If we don’t see it that way, then we do not have God’s perspective."
---Jim C. Cunningham

No comments:

Post a Comment

MEME: USA - immigration